View Single Post
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by reinob View Post
1. kernel and the rootfs are two of the partitions in the NAND chip. rootfs != NAND. Backupmenu backs up (presumably) rootfs, but not the kernel, not NOLO, not oops partition, etc.
Of course! The eMMC is partitioned, why did I not realize that the NAND is too? "Embarrassed" probably best describes my feelings right now

In order to apply settings/changes from one N900 to another N900 you could "easily" do it on the mirrored copies (i.e. with the advantage of a full Linux, full/big screen, full/big keyboard, fancy tools/scripts, etc.) and then just sync back.
That's a good idea, thanks. I'd also been thinking how to keep them synced after the initial duplication. Contact lists are easy, but how about the miriads of other settings?

Anyway it is kinda academic as my second device is still little more than a paperweight

Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
I don't use backupmenu eithier.
However I know people have reported that if you are not on the same KP version, you get a boot looping device.
Add me to the list of reports. I broke the boot loop by flashing but... see post #4.

Last edited by pichlo; 2013-01-10 at 00:24.