View Single Post
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.

My entry. BlessN900, 77% (to be able to download), brightness about -30, contrast about +13 (forgot the exact numbers). Shot in Suomenlinna, Finland, this morning 14.2.2020.

This just spoke to me about earth being the rock we are grounded to, we stand on, something solid and (atleast here in Finland) not that shaky.

Have thought a lot the climate stuff. Many years ago started to think that magic worldview where you do not know that much and have a certain fear for unknown and unexplained and keep it as holy and sacred has it's benefits. Thinking of earth as mother earth, like a living organism (which it is in many ways) which we just inhabit and are dependent of makes one think differently of things. Like covering the skin with rock and cutting down plants that cover it and covering the whole organism with toxic gases and stuff. It just seems stupid if you connect in your mind to the idea of earth being a living organism.

I do not live in any absolute ecologic way. But I do not make a compromize with what I keep in my mind ideal. I just have to bare and deal with the contradiction not to lose the sight of what I think is the absolute right.

My small battle for good is trying to get people use their old devices instead of changing constantly to new ones (if one needs more horsepower that is fine). I just update rams, drives and install less ram and cpu hungry Oses which has become more difficult after so many linux distros and browsers have dropped support for 32bit. Now hoping a lot from KolibriOs with assembly language.

So that big metal ring preventing ships form drifting away is allegory here of me connecting my mind from drifting away of the understanding of earth (still) being a living organism and as such to be held sacred and holy (nothing religious beliefs included).

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

Last edited by Maemish; 2020-02-14 at 06:57.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post: