View Single Post
Posts: 634 | Thanked: 3,266 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Colombia
Originally Posted by Wizzup_ View Post
There were lots of people who wanted to add bits to the wiki - there is absolutely no structure yet, so let's get this going. If at all possible, let's try to coordinate some wiki structure. Either on IRC, or here, on tmo (new thread or this thread, both fine by me).
I think we could start by migrating the devices from https://maemo-leste.github.io/ to the wiki.

I'll take care of the initial pages for the N950 and N9 as I'm doing the ports.

I think we should have an FAQ wiki page. We can start drafting questions and answers before writing them up on the wiki. I've started a draft FAQ here so if anyone has a question they would like answering, please add it there.

I would also like to start migrating my mainline devices list to the wiki and I will expand it to start documenting SoCs and drivers supported by mainline Linux. What I would actually like to have is a database backend to store this information. It would need to be updated by editing the wiki. What I want is to build an extensive knowledge base that allows one to quickly see what's supported and what's missing for each device, even those which we haven't created ports for yet or don't even have DTs in mainline. That will help us to identify if there are any devices that have several drivers already available in mainline which would potentially be good candidates for further mainlining work.

I found this extension. I think it's what I'm looking for. Has anyone got a better recommendation?

Originally Posted by Wizzup_ View Post
Are there people who want to take the lead on the wiki effort?
I'd like to take the lead for documenting devices in mainline Linux. That's a job in itself so I'll leave it to someone else to lead the rest of the wiki.

Maemo Leste for N950 and N9 (currently broken).
Devuan for N950 and N9.

Mobile devices with mainline Linux support - Help needed with documentation.

"Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." - Henry Spencer

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to wicket For This Useful Post: