View Single Post
Posts: 634 | Thanked: 3,266 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Colombia
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
With PySide code the situation will look differently, but it was never advertised for Sailfish development in the first place. It's a dead Nokia project. It's opensource and you can try port it to Qt5 if it's worth, or wait and see what PyOtherSide will be capable of. Probably PyOtherSide will be the cleaner and faster approach to bring QML and Python together.
Personally, I'm more interested in XWayland than PySide as the project I've been working on requires X.

You're correct that PySide was never advertised but Qt4 was. It would have been quite straightforward to rebuild/repackage PySide but that is not the case now.

I'm yet to see any official confirmation that thp has been employed by Jolla to work on PyOtherSide. We can only speculate that it will be ready any time soon. Jolla really do need to improve their communication.

I do wonder how much Jolla cares about the TMO community. They still haven't responded to the Questions & Ideas document (apart from a few questions that Stskeeps was kind enough to answer). I've seen they've done interviews for random bloggers so it's not like they have some policy that they don't answer questions. The doc is a bit out of date now and could do with a tidy up, but I'm not sure it's worth the effort as it doesn't seem like they are ever going to respond.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wicket For This Useful Post: