View Single Post
Everyone, thanks very much for taking the time to test and share your comments, I appreciate it. This helped me realize this was not a widespread problem, narrow it down, and finally resolve it!!

My mobile provider (T-Mobile USA) has two different APNs, fast.t-mobile.com and epc.t-mobile.com. "fast" is their newer network. The solution to my problem was simply to change my data APN to epc.t-mobile.com.

This is quite strange. I have been using the "fast" APN to access mobile data successfully in all Sailfish apps and it also works fine with the Firefox android app. I further use that as the MMS APN with no problems, but it turns out that 99% of my Android apps cannot access the mobile connection when it's on fast.t-mobile.com regardless of protocol setting. For what it's worth, a pure android phone with my SIM card can successfully access mobile data on "fast." Oh well, it's very weird, but at least the problem is resolved. I think using Sailfish on T-Mobile USA is a good experience overall but the Data & MMS settings are very particular with this combination of provider & OS. I'm just grateful to finally have a great Sailfish-powered device that supports my local bands.

For the record, here are my settings:

T-Mobile Data
epc.t-mobile.com
Dual
Auth: None

T-Mobile MMS
fast.t-mobile.com
IPv6
Auth: None
Proxy: Blank
Port: Blank
MMS message center: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc