View Single Post
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by velox View Post
Thanks!

I hope your lenok will resurface and just needed a quick time out (chrhr) and a nap somewhere deep in a pocket.

The new ones look very nice, as well. You really have an eye for this stuff!
Still getting into the matter

By now, every watchface i did was just finding out a new way to display time (arc, bars, segments, etc) and make up a design from those possibilities while trying to hold the code together

I still have not accomplished all i got in mind.
e.g. the new sporty-round was supposed to have segmented hour arcs (one for every hour) but i could not get the arcs to "devide" correctly using a for-loop. The yellow minute segments are just thick lines from center and thus the technique can not be used for bigger/longer segments imho.

I drew the analogie to "80s synthesizer music" and my current approach doing watchfaces the other night.
Back in the 80s, popular music mainly consisted of musicians being equiped with new toys (synth, sampler, etc) and trying out their possibilities. Most song where made with "look what kind of new sound i found" in mind and lacked overall planning. Thus they sound naiv nowadays. it took years for musicians to just use this equipement in full potential and not being influenced by wow effects.

If i exhausted all possibilities i plan to do a kind of tutorial with all code examples properly explained.
Maybe then i will start from actually having a design/mockup/sketch and forge it into a watchface, as a design process would usually go ahead.

EDIT, my pull request got merged while i was typing \o/. Thanks for guiding me Florent Revest!

Last edited by mosen; 2018-02-19 at 10:01. Reason: possibilities, possibilities, possibilities

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post: