View Single Post
All 99% of the novels I have read (and I am never without one) over the past 7 years (I think - I just looked on http://ereader.com and the first book I purchased through them was in 2000).

I started on a Palm, and migrated through QVGA and VGA WinMo to N810. I like reading paper books, but generally only get the opportunity to read them while on vacation, because they are hideously inconvenient.

I find it interesting that people believe that a larger screen is important for reading a book. I think transitioning is difficult, but once you do, there is very little benefit to screen real estate - of course, it depends where you read, but for me it is in bed and on public transport mostly. Both of these places require something small that can be held in one hand and put away easily.

A smaller screen means less eye tracking. And page turning isn't like it is with a book, page transitions are imperceptible and unconscious (as opposed to a paper book where they (for me) often break flow).

I see the kindle and cannot imagine how that is better than a paper book, but I look at a paper book and cannot imagine how that is better than a N810 sized ebook.

The Following User Says Thank You to paulkoan For This Useful Post: