View Single Post
Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
I'm with imaginaryenemy on this rambling discussion.

Security on cell phones has so far always been a compromise between convenience and the strength of security.

And only you, for your own usecase, know how to balance the two.

I've seen people go through the most ridiculous hurdles to secure the most irrelevant things. Because "security".

I've seen people disregarding security for convenience even as it opens holes for quite sensitive data.

Myself, I couldn't be arsed to fiddle with that pin code everytime i unlock my phone. Because I do it hundreds of times per day. Nor with the cumbersome fingerprint scanner of current Sailfish X (I tried). The data I have on my phone is not in importance proportional to the inconvenience and time lost I'd suffer daily, hundreds of times.

For many others this is not the case. They have data that needs to be protected better.

And each one of us knows the balance for themselves best, where the line between convenience and security lies.

The truth of the matter is of course, that much more people do not have the knowledge to make an educated decision on this. But that's besides the point on this forum, as I think most of the participants here are well enough versed on the topic.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post: