View Single Post
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthre...2&page=7&pp=25

For what it is worth.....Post by Swissboy....

THE REAL ONE THING
Let's get this cleared up. I have the news you have all been waiting for. Since I'm not under any stupid Apple NDA I can talk.

Apple Insider and Think Secret are all wrong. I can confirm 100% for you.

1.There is NO and I can confirm NO Powerbook or Powermac updates.
2.There is NO iPod video OR 5G iPod appearing.
3.No Airport express with video out.

The product is the unveiling of Apple's new internet tablet (whatever they call it I don't know). While us developers at Nokia have been hard at work on the 770 we have as developers seen Apple's device from their developers. Nokia has officially delayed our product the 770 to see the final offering from Apple and to make adjustments if need be. (i.e boost our performance with more ram on shipping so I am told and finish the touches on our software to support the bluetooth keyboard officially)

The Apple device itself will sport a 800x600 screen size (similar to ours) and will contain WIFI. It will have bluetooth to work with their cordless bluetooth keyboard and mouse (one up on our 770 internet tablet the mouse that is). The OS is a VERY stripped down version of OSX. Safari,Mail,iCal,iTunes,and iChat. These will be like widgets which is a good idea kinda like our hildon widgets.

It is a very good screen (same screen?). It is also a touch screen. It is not very big in size. It has NO HARDDRIVE but uses NAND flash memory. I think 512mb built in or other.

It has its own dock and lasts up to 4 hours on a charge. In comparison our 770 lasts 3. But Apple is known for overstating battery life.

We at Nokia await to see the new product. Apple will help us to make the internet tablet popular and sell in Europe with Nokia's offering.
------------------------------------------------------
This makes some sense. I hope this is the case...but I guess we will know for sure on Oct 12!!

Last edited by TripleNickle; 2005-10-10 at 21:22.