Thread: [SailfishOS] Pure Maps
View Single Post
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Pure Maps 1.5.0 is out.

This release is mainly about tuning in response to the filed issues. Translations have been updated, thanks to all translators!

Some changes:

* sharing link goes to OSM instead of Google Maps, reasoning at https://github.com/rinigus/pure-maps/issues/46 . While it may reduce the quality, I think it's correct to point to the source and promote it if possible.

* autocomplete can be disabled in preferences (OSM Scout users on J1 could try it) as well as starting the navigation without rotation of the map is possible now.

* OSM Scout night modes use yellow route and markers, as suggested earlier in this thread

* I have added HERE maps for traffic and satellite. I would expect them to have better coverage in traffic.

I had discussion with Mapbox regarding their tile limits for open-source apps. At present, we are probably still within the limits, but are getting closer to the quota. However, according to Mapbox personnel, it is allowed to ask users to register on their site and use their own API access keys. Its somewhat inconvenient, but, it allows us to scale as much as we wish in terms of users. So, one day, it may happen that all Mapbox tile users will have to do that.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post: