Thread: [SailfishOS] [WIP] cameraplus for Sailfish OS
View Single Post
Posts: 605 | Thanked: 1,778 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by bennypr0fane View Post
This is super awesome, I'm so happy to have an alternative to the stock camera app. I love how it has its own little Gallery.
Three things I noticed:
- To choose the resolution in the settings screen, tapping the glowing dot does not work for me, I need to hit the text.
It took me a while to find that out because throughout the OS, I'm used to tapping the dot (though the text works too everywhere else), so at first I thought it was broken.
- In the viewfinder, tapping the '"6M" icon just moves the touch focus to that area of the image, instead allowing to choose a resolution. That is incosistent with the other buttons' behavior.
- auto focus is "jumpy". I tried to take a pic of a book indoors with daylight, and the focus box kept jittering around in the center part of the image.. the picture is fine though.
I will see what the issue with the text and dot is and try to fix it. Thanks for reporting

The resolution label will change the position in the upcoming release. No worries

I don't understand what the issue with auto focus is? It's expected to "blink" until it gets focus and then it turns blue upon success or red upon failure.

The SailfishOS UI will be identical to the Harmattan one. I am not going to make 2 separate UIs in order to simplify the maintenance.

I have already a bunch of fixes but I am waiting for Mer OBS to come back online so I can push out a new release. Let's hope it happens soon

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MSameer For This Useful Post: