View Single Post
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by nosa101 View Post
Am I the only one that think Nokia has been taking one to many cheap shots at Apple these days?
The gizmodo thing, the phone grip thing and now this. Seems a tad low IMHO. How about focusing on supporting the n900 more
Hear, hear about the focusing on N900 more. The cheapshots about what they do and do not concentrate on still doesn't deliver a damn thing new/better to the table. It's just talk... and talk is indeed cheap.

I would love to have seen a secondary N900 that would have worked on AT&T's frequencies in the US. It's not like they don't make those type of radios. Seriously, just pop that out, on the same network as the iPhone and give people true freedom.

Why didn't that happen?

But also... support it better. Bring the next OS to it. Officially.

Instead of talk about antennas. I had to hold my N810 a certain way to get a rapid GPS lock. If my left hand went too high on the back side, I'd lose wi-fi. I've seen the E71 lose signal by gripping it a "certain way". I've also witnessed the iPhone 4 losing signal too. Same for the iPhone 3GS - just hold it upside down in your right hand - it'll drop one bar usually.

So yeah. Cheapshot all day - either way. But damn Nokia. You've had 8 months where you could have brought the N900 to AT&T - head to head challenge. You could have stated that "We'll officially bring MeeGo and not forget our early adopters..." and see how that would have worked in your favor.

You could have said more than "our antennas are better than yours" when honestly most people don't even know what you still sell outside of the cheap *** 6102i and other candy bar phones that are freebies now on contract in the US.

And Apple... I hated almost all that was said today. It just smacks of not saying the truth... y'all goofed.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: