View Single Post
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by jobooth View Post
A huge thank you MartinK for all your hard work.

Quick question... Should online routing work on the N900?
That's a good question! The overall online routing situation for modRana is not ideal at the moment, as modRana currently only supports some old Google provided routing API which AFAIK might be reaching it's end of life soon.

This is less serious on Sailfish OS due to the glorious offline routing API provided by OSM Scout Server, but much more of a problem for the N900, where OSM Scout Server is not available & the old Monav based offline routing is often far from ideal.

Trying now on desktop with the Google online routing provider - and I'm getting failures. So looks like they might have already shut down the old API modRana uses & an alternative will be needed. Yay.

Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
Does launching from CLI take any commands, parameters, options, etc.? I haven't found anything in the available documentation, but that could be my search skill and not the reality.
Not just yet, but it's planned & coming soon (tm).

Basically the idea is to parse the command line arguments the launcher gets, and then decide what to do next. There are basically two options:

1) The command line arguments are not related to the modRana GUI (stuff like --help, adding a POI via CLI, etc.). In such a case the launcher will run modrana.py and pass it the arguments, expecting it to handle the CLI use case by itself.

2) The command influences the modRana GUI. This could be telling modRana which UI variant to launch or request to perform an action on startup (zoom on certain coordinates, serach for a POI, perform routing & start navigation, etc.). In this case the launcher would pass the arguments to the GUI and start it.

At the moment I'm thinking about doing just very simple argument parsing in C++, just to tell me if some arguments have been passed or not - actually, I guess it might be enough to just check the number of arguments.

If some arguments are found, the launcher would run modrana.py in some special mode which would tell it what to do next - terminate (if modRana already performed the CLI task) or to start the GUI (if the task requested is GUI related). If this works out, I should be able to avoid duplicating the option parsing logic in C++ in the launcher, even partially.

Nothing of the above should really be relevant for the user, they would just type (once implemented):

Code:
harbour-modrana --help
And then use one of the command line options available.

Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
And thanks for continued support.
Much appreciated!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post: