View Single Post
Originally Posted by Whispering Weasel View Post
I want to create an icon on the normal desktop for email with an unread email counter and when clicked it should open Claws-mail. The Gmail script from the wiki doesn't seem to work (anymore?)

I have managed to get something with curl in the console using the command from here 9adding -k option but have no idea how and where to fit this as script in qbw.
I think it can be done in a script like mentioned this. but exactly how to do this I don't know
Is this possible? any idea's/help ?
PHP Code:
Nokia-N900-51-1:~# wget -t 1 -T 3 -q -O - 'https://nonono.yes:nononoyes@mail.google.com/mail/feed/atom' --no-check-certificate | awk 'BEGIN{m=2}/<fullcount>.+<\/fullcount>/{gsub(/<[^>]*>/,"",$0);print $1 " New";if($1>0)m=1;else m=0}END{exit m}'
New
Nokia-N900-51-1:~
This is working for me... or you can use any equivalent with curl.

If you have configured the beecon to run both on timer and on click, in your script you might check $QBW_EXEC_REASON for the following strings

if QBW_TIMER_UPDATE then poll gmail (with the command above)
if QBW_CLICK then run Claws-mail per example in here

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to No!No!No!Yes! For This Useful Post: