View Single Post
Originally Posted by mick3_de View Post
True, but isn't actually the point of newer Qt point releases also to bring performance improvements and lot's of bug fixes?

Don't you see the irony that a device what is build on the premise of Qt lags the newest improvements of the toolkit compared to all other platforms?

I think it would be really great to have an updated Qt WebKit or even the new Qt WebEngine module. All apps rendering web content including 3rd party web browsers would greatly benefit from it. Also Jolla could switch finally to GStreamer 1.x with Qt Multimedia. Besides this the SFOS SDK could use a newer version of Qt Creator for development.

Qt 5.2 still used in the latest SFOS came out the same time as the Jolla phone in December 2013. Don't you think it's time for an update at least for SFOS 2?
Its simple, updates can bring regressions and rather than simply thinking YOLO lets just roll it out and see what happens since Qt is the heart of our system seems like a pretty stupid move.

Also I already explained that the Jolla is limited hardware wise so workarounds and optimizations maybe needed to make Qt viable.

The irony is I thought Qt would be faster in general than Androids apps, yet I look at the Jolla browser and wonder.

I would indeed enjoy the new WebEngine. But the company has around 100 people and I assume there not all coders lol. I wonder if we could just update it manually.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post: