View Single Post
Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
I will draft some by-laws for community discussion. I suggest you read the last council meeting logs for the discussion.

http://mg.pov.lt/maemo-meeting-irclo...06-29T21:09:23

I think the key thing is to start assembling a migration/infrastructure team of community volunteers.
Rob,

i do appreciate what you are trying to organize for the Community and respect your efforts on that venue.
however, and that is sort of a metaphysical consideration, i wonder in how far Maemo is made by the Community, not for.

let me give a couple examples:
  • developers; of course, Maemo.org offers infrastructure for developers to offer apps to the Community, but the real move is from members developing; without the repositories this would be limited to OVI store apps and would be a lot less attractive. but again, my point: the repositories are but a tool to make the developed apps available.
  • TMO, answering specific questions (sort'a helpdesk for Maemo) or general discussion. it is sharing the knowledge of members of the Community. why haven't we created 100s or more like 1000s of wiki pages instead???

i know this post is going to be met by indifference (@ best) or by a $h!t storm (@ worse) but i would still try to ask you (Council) to reflect about whether Maemo.org is able to organize itself to manage all that infrastructure.
i understand and appreciate that this is more or less the mandate of the current Council, but i wonder in how far management of such a "heavy infrastructure" is not antinomic with Maemo.org's design, origin and substance.