Thread: [SailfishOS] WhoGo Maps
View Single Post
Originally Posted by jayki View Post
Well for me and two other users from my family it's not only a J1 Problem, we have this issue on the Xperia X aswell. So i think it's a common issue not limited to a specific platform.
IMO, there is no technical reason to assume that being an issue only on Jolla 1 phones, as the software stack is basically the same for all SailfishOS devices (and the few differences should not affect PoorMaps / WhogoMaps: Kernel version, Bluez version, AlienDalvik version).

But using software on older devices (with less RAM and processing power) often exacerbates software issues, making some of them much more easily to reproduce (while for triggering these on higher-end devices, other processes consuming RAM an processing power have to be started to create a similar situation for the software under test).
Side note: I often experienced this testing software professionally on desktop computers (and always developers state, "not reproducible" on their super high-end development machines).

Hence I do not believe that this issue and the Voice Navigation issues are really related to the Jolla 1, they just are much more likely to occur.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to olf For This Useful Post: