View Single Post
Posts: 52 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ CZ & US ex-(UK/France/Switzerland/Canada)
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
as one of the developers working on maps software (OSM Scout Server, offline provider for use with the map clients), I am curious. What did you find missing in them? Has it been covered in github issues of the projects already or is it something different? Constructive critique is welcome, it helps to evolve.
I very much do miss the following "stupid" feature : if I simply tap somewhere in the map, I can see point-to-point distance from my location. Nothing fancy, and usually I do it when I want to get a feeling how far is that from me instead of a super-accurate timing for a walk / drive. And as a human being, I am quite often driven by feelings :-D

I know that (at least) poor maps does allow me to mark a point with a "long tap", which is followed by a pop-up with some routing options ... maybe if the popup would also display the p2p distance? And of course, a short-tap option (optional?) for this would be even better...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wolda For This Useful Post: