Thread: Navit on N900
View Single Post
Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Originally Posted by free-diver View Post
Would someone pleeeeeeease show me how to use garmin maps on navit... am a noob so step by step please...

i installed navit from repos and navit-dbg and downloaded a bin map and put it in navit_maps folder in MyDocs and pointed maps.xml to that bin file and it worked but when trying to use garmin it's a hell of mess.

when i try to download libgarmin the way this site http://wiki.navit-project.org/index.php/Garmin_maps says to xterminal says "svn not found".

so i tried to find this libgarmin some other way and finally after some long search i found a deb file that installs libgarmin svn-20080313
i installed it and did what the above site says about editing maps.xml and navit.xml but garmin map still doesn't appear in navit..

help me please ASAP..
Search back through the thread to one of my earlier posts of instructions to see what it said about garmin. If i recall correctly garmin support is either almost useless or removed from navit at this point.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful