View Single Post
Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Woody, i understand situation, but if prev. problem existed and even people who think all of the council should get device, thought it was not nice way to do it. You just made second mistake, by simply ignoring it and even making second mistake:
You decided not to pay attention of the first one, but to discuss personally Arie instead on logged official meeting, reminding that there is ignore list. And i think newbies and other people can follow suggestion and ignore him. I think you as people can have personal problems with any member. But as councils you should understand, in official meeting you need to be objective and can't allow yourself to do things like that. I don't think that Arie or anyone deserve to read personal attacks on logs of council -meeting. He is not a troll, he might be little bit too emotion, but it's not a crime.

And i don't want to suggest you answers, but there are always ones. And if you would talk about them at #maemo or meeting, you at least would show that you do care. But it seems like you just keep the excuse, that most people agree with you, so no — most people agree that it's okay council to get phones, but they understand that's the way you did it is not right. Even in thread before it was addressed from people who support you, but you just look at support you part and not whole thing.

And it's never too late to make changes or at least to apologetic and in front of people you personal attack in prev thread (yes it's not fair as few started first, but you need to be smarter as you are council). To apologies in front of Arie, to apologies for the conflicts of interests.

I'll just give a small example how it's not good for maemo and community. You discussed the fund raising for OBS and other things for community, but after what happened with phones not everyone would be able to trust you and donate.

And just simple respect for people who do not ignore any problem and do not discuss and pay attention only to those who support you. I for example tried not to personal attack you here in public, though i could. I just know that here the matter is not who is good and who is bad, but the problem we had and with personal attacks we would just stop in the place, hurt each other and will not continue anywhere.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZogG For This Useful Post: