View Single Post
Originally Posted by martonmiklos View Post
I am not sure that I have followed the story properly, but I smell fishy things.

From IGG:

I am unsure about what margin does these guys work, but given the fact that if I count right 573 orders were placed on IGG I seem the following options:

- They manufacture 3000 and financing it from the 160K USD. The frozen cost + shipping in this case should be below 53 USD /tablet (which I doubt)
- Someone put money to it to finance the rest of the tablets. Putting money to manufacture a 3 year old design targeted to a limited audience does not seems to be a wise business plan. (I doubt this as well)
- It might be the case that the guys did not estimated well or have not done proper research on the component/mfg prices and MOQs before the campaing in the few thousand range. Now they simply ran out of money and they start disappearing.
- It was a scam from the beginning.

My bet is between 3 or 4.
Assuming them to onboard themselves into this enterprise without having clarified the costs would not only be stupid; it would also prove them to be unprofessional.

Also, this has been misleading from the beginning.
I do not understand how this could not be more in the clear (cost-wise etc).

So this makes me choose the simpler version, point 4.
If hypotetically this is true, It's amazing that the same scam happened *twice*.

But theres also the third way; that the success of the campaign on IGG was not as big as expected; and therefore the funding would not have been enough. Tho I think this is still possible; it's VERY gray/shady territory, which gives lead to alot of different possible scenarios, including scamming ones.

For the reference, as I was tempted to join, I for once decided not to become a hairbringer of doom (luckily). Sorry for the ones who still did tho .

@chenliangchen, would you be able to share more info on the ammount of costs of parts? Or where to look them up?

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

Last edited by tortoisedoc; 2018-04-02 at 08:44.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tortoisedoc For This Useful Post: