View Single Post
Posts: 433 | Thanked: 727 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Costa Blanca, Espaņa
I realise this is not Sailfish specific, but I cannot find the answers I need to this little debacle....

My question;

I have an SQLite file containing 2,500+ lines of code, each line is a train station on the UK rail network. The SQLIte file was compiled 2 years ago, since then, 18 NEW stations have been added.

I have tried many different methods to update my SQLite file and it always ends one of 3 undesirable outcomes;

1). No changes at all;

2). new stations are appended to the list but dumped at the bottom; not in alphabetical order;

3). the file is empty!!......

With the 18 new stations dumped at the bottom of the file, I coudln't find a way to simply rearrange the order and when I did find a way, it doesn't translate when the file is used; i.e the new stations are still physically clumped together at the bottom of the user list!......grrrrr.

The methods used were; a standalone Windows program called DB Browser for SQLite and then I tried SQLite commands in terminal (i.e. - 'sqlite> .open stationsDB.sqlite' ), but I cannot get the deisred result - all listed alphabetically as are the other 2500+ existing stations.

I think it is fair to say, I don't know what to do next, any help appreciated

Regards,

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Markkyboy For This Useful Post: