View Single Post
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Possibly but that gives the impression that everyone shall have equally amount of money. Instead you shall focus on your own salary and performance.
In my opinion this is not true. I am not advocating equal paycheck for all people here; people tend to know the level of performance of their peers pretty well and also knowing what everybody is being paid for their performance helps to nurture open environment where one can concentrate to grow in their own professionalism.

Usually there are reasons why people get paid the amount they do and having it all in the open is good.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
If you are unhappy you should find another employer or even better. Start a business of their own.
I guess not everyone wants to have a business-of-their-own. For the minimum it would require one to have something that one can sell, whether it be a skill, some knowledge or plain old-fashioned manual labour.
In addition to that one should possess some form of commercial understanding to be able to earn any living with the business.

I somehow suppose most people find it easier and more satisfying to be employed in the traditional sense.