View Single Post
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Kinggene View Post
Does not solve problem
Thx for the hint to delete the symlinks before recreating them. I forget to add this to the script.

I still can't figure out what is broken after you uninstall an app that is linked to the quicklaunch.
I fixed all files that will be touched by my app and even tried to reinstall the uninstalled app. Nothing worked.

So please can some harmattan guru look at this? Here is the problem in detail:
  1. Change the symlink from /home/user/.local/share/applications/quicklaunchbar0.desktop to /usr/share/applications/exampleapp1.desktop to change the first quicklaunch icon.
  2. Uninstall exampleapp1 the normal gui way (longpress + 'x').
  3. Now you have a broken symlink quicklaunchbar0.desktop and this quicklaunch icon won't appear anymore.
  4. Reassigning another desktop file (/usr/share/applications/exampleapp2.desktop) to this link (/home/user/.local/share/applications/quicklaunchbar0.desktop) will do 2 things:
    1. The link is correct and should work but the quicklaunch won't show the fixed icon. So no effect here.
    2. You will get a cloned entry of the now assigned exampleapp2 in your application view (I have no idea where this comes from).
  5. All files that I know that are influenced are correctly configured:
    1. Quicklaunch symlink /home/user/.local/share/applications/quicklaunchbar0.desktop links to desktop file of the installed app exampleapp2.
    2. Desktop file under /usr/share/applications/exampleapp2.desktop is present and correct.
    3. Optional symlink under /var/lib/apt-desktop/entries/exampleapp2 is present, links correctly to the desktop file and is ignored by QuickEdit.
    4. QuickEdit shows all 4 quicklaunch icons with correct targets.
    5. Quicklaunch only shows 3 quicklaunch icons. The first one (quicklaunchbar0.desktop) is missing.
There have to be some system file that I don't know that get's broken when you uninstall an app from the quicklaunch. So if anyone has an idea what file this could be, please tell me.

Last edited by XenGi; 2012-05-30 at 21:02.