View Single Post
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
In kabouiks spirit i would advise to use gimp in ubu-chroot
Sure kidding, it is quite unusable without mouse.

Imagemagick was ported by NielDK.
And we have 3 photo editors/effect tools on sailfish, PhotoFunia (in Jolla store), ImageWorks and DiyImg.

But since the splashscreen needs to be bmp 24bit i use the gimp on desktop so i can easily output to correct format.
That's the problem, ImageMagick cannot be installed because of a missing dependency - liblcms.so.1 I think? I have tried Storeman and zypper both, no dice.

Jolla store requires Jolla account, right?.. I have installed ImageWorks and DiyImg recently, ImageWorks is tolerable at cropping (capturing the last pixel is nearly impossible; I ended up with 1620x3241 image) and good at resizing (doesn't require manual guess-work), so I used an image of an Aurora Australis ( https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/F...imer_Bay-2.jpg ) to make a 1080x2160 splashscreen.jpg . This splashscreen worked fine, despite not being a bmp?

But it's only a first step, I want to use the spectacular background to overlay Fxtec logo onto it, and add something about Sailfish OS as well. So far, I know of no Sailfish OS app that could do that. And ImageWorks, while helpful, seems to be way too python-dependent?

Thank you. Best wishes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...

P.S. I have seen no sign of bootanimation.zip being actually used anywhere. Either Sailfish OS doesn't use this animation at all, or Sailfish OS boots too quickly for animation to show up? Less than 30 seconds on splashscreen, then the lock-screen shows up.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post: