View Single Post
Posts: 152 | Thanked: 620 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by conny View Post
I´m just found a problem with the automatic promotion of the dependencies. I´m not sure if this is my problem or something general...
I promoted Conboy 0.5.3 to testing. Conboy depends on libjson-glib. So libjson-glib-1.0-0 0.6.2-5 was also promoted to testing.
Now for some reason libjson-glib-dev 0.6.2-5 reports a missing dependency on the promoted lib.

Before the promotion the dependencies were ok. Also all files are still in extras-devel, so there shouldn´t be a problem finding them?!

Is there something I can do about? Also in the latest version (0.6.2-6) I changed the maintainer (should be me now) that I get the reports concerning wrong packaging, but the package web interface still shows 'Emmanuele Bassi' as the maintainer. He´s the author and was in the maintainer field earlier...

Thanks!
It seems that there is a bug in the interface. The -5 version is available but it matches the largest version available, which is -6. I'll need to fix that.

The first time a package is uploaded, maintainer will be assigned from what is in the control file. Once there is one maintainer set, you need to request to be added. (You don't want people to take over your maintainership just by uploading a package).

You can request to be maintainer of a package at the general package information page.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to X-Fade For This Useful Post: