View Single Post
Posts: 172 | Thanked: 628 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Albuquerque, NM, USA
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
This is great news! Anyone try it on Jolla tablet? Would something like wxmaxima work? Presumably I would have to download the code and compile it on device. If that is the case, from which repositories should I try downloading code that is a best match for Jolla? Thanks!
wxmaxima is in Manjaro's extra repo. You should be able to install it with "pacman -S wxmaxima". You don't need to do anything fancy. All the xwayland business is handled by kwin in the guest OS. No porting/recompilation required. Just download the rootfs, extract it somewhere, set up the mounts, chroot, set some environment variables, and install whatever packages you need and want. You could also install lxpanel so you can easily launch programs within the gui. (Plasma itself doesn't work properly because it tries to run natively in wayland)

Note: You don't have to use Manjaro. I just picked it because I like Arch, but I'm too lazy for real Arch. Any distro with recent plasma/kwin should work (5.7 or later, i think. Maybe older. Debian Jessie is too old). Here is an Ubuntu rootfs you could use if you prefer debian-style package management. You should be able to apt-get install kwin, xwayland, onboard, and whatever other packages you need. The packages I installed in the first post are certainly overkill.

Last edited by preflex; 2017-02-08 at 14:00.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to preflex For This Useful Post: