View Single Post
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
I do not have a (working) N9 to test so this may be a BS but the first thing I would try if I had that problem would be moving old emails to a dedicated folder. I assume you have tried that already though as that seems such an obvious thing.
Do you mean imap folder on the server? I would prefer avoid doing so. If you mean folder on the device, I already deleted all the emails from it but they got re-downloaded.

BTW. does google account on Nokia N9 use pop or imap for syncing? There are some options in gmail settings which may be handy for solving this issue.

Originally Posted by youFailed View Post
Just an opinion:

Delete everything, then create account again

In Accounts >> mail >> At downloads select>>> headers only

Well, this certainly would help for the app data space consumption on the device. But I already solved that with symlinking /home/user/.qmf/mail -> /home/user/MyDocs/.mail which is on the other, much bigger partition (BTW. default partition sizes for 64GB N9 is a joke).

However the vast amount of emails loaded into the mail app makes it unbearable slow. Each time I switch to it freezes for 30 sec, then asks would I like to kill the process, then after another 30 sec unfreezes. Searching is even 'better', type one letter, wait a minute, type another one, wait a minute, and so on...