View Single Post
FatalSaint's Debian Armel Repository

Hi All.. little old me again.. I finally got around to setting up my apt repository... this is how you can add it to your debian if you would like some of the packages I build (and if anyone would like their deb added to it you can let me know; I can make a maemo one if there is high enough demand.. but I know there's some purists running around here that complain about "Yet another Repo"):

Getting Started

In a debian chroot; or a debian root terminal run the following commands:

Code:
wget http://packages.linuxniche.net/deblet/repo.key
apt-key add repo.key
And then modify the following file to add:

/etc/apt/sources.list
Code:
deb http://packages.linuxniche.net/deblet deblet main
And now..

Code:
apt-get update
Current Packges

GXmame - A GTK frontend for Mame..
xmame - An Arcade emulator.
Emelfm2 - Most of you know this one.. a powerful File Management software.
QTStalker - Some kind of Stock's program that is apparently pretty good .
ta-lib - These are special needed libraries for qtstalker and who knows what else .
KDE4 - Many, Many kde4 binaries. See Note
DashPC - A UI designed to control Multimedia in a car
GFeed - A GTK+ based RSS Feeder
E17 - Enlightenment's Development e17 packages. People asked for them in the other thread.. it's not maemo; but maybe still useful?
Midori - A lightweight and speedy browser. Works great for tablets.
mpd - A modified mpd that works with tablets (just the config file was changed)
Hildon - Several Hildon packages used by skeeps for his LXDE environment.

Note: There is one problem I can foresee with my repository. Because I am hosting binaries for kde4 this may cause problems if you intend to use the more stable kde3. Because the kde4 packages are newer it might try and install those instead of the kde3 packages. I recommend you do what is called apt pinning to resolve this only if it is an issue... to do so you create an /etc/apt/preferences file and add:

Confirmed. If you want to use KDE3; install it before adding my repository - OR install what you want from my repository and them remove it. Another alternative is to use the Deblet repository at packages.tspre.org - it has my packages excluding the KDE4 ones so it won't confuse KDE3.

Code:
Package: *
Pin: release a=lenny
Pin-Priority: 101
(replace lenny with sid if you are using sid)

But this will have one problem with qtstalker.. it might try and download the older version of qtstalker from lenny/sid instead of from me. If you want qtstalker and you have pinning in place.. you should be able to run
Code:
apt-get -t deblet install qtstalker
Which I think will pull mine specifically. This is my first time running an apt repo so I'm still not 100% how this will work with the other repo's but so far the ones I've hosted work for me on my Tablet.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Last edited by fatalsaint; 2008-11-10 at 04:11.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post: