View Single Post
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
I'd like to see something handled BETTER--not just the same things we've already seen from Android (who seems to be getting more and more OPEN-sourced and only getting better).
I wouldn't be so sure about that, code has gradually become more liberalised*, but there's far more considerations than just that, I'm surprised you're not aware of them.
I won't go into them because that's dragging this thread off-topic, we're trying to keep this focused on it's original charter, so please don't go any further into it.
Unless you can make a compelling argument as-to-why Google's rigidity in the area(s) I'm not broaching, is a positive thing that Sailfish also needs to adopt/mimic.

and from Maemo and MeeGo (which went more and more CLOSED-source and only got worse). It's not making a convincing case for preferring Jolla.
meego never went more closed, the plan was always to transition from a more closed harmattan (maemo 6x) to a more open meego, they never got even close to that before everything was torpedoed.

It's all still in talks at this point and I'm not involved but, as a potential customer, I want to be convinced that this is a product I want or that I want to develop for or recommend to customers and friends. What I'm reading so far hasn't instilled confidence in me that this is the next hot thing I want to invest in or recommend.
Same here... But by the same token I'm not expecting it to be at that point yet...

*N.B. the last assessment done still had it a fair way behind the likes of real meego (not harmattan) from a code transparency POV.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-11-24 at 08:59.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post: