View Single Post
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by Ken-Young View Post
Yes, this is a real Achilles Heel for the project. Their total production run is limited to the number of "mint condition N900s" that they have now, plus the number of current N900 owners who wish to go with their board-only option. If they don't have enough N900s in hand now, and they can't entice additional N900 owners to go board-only, then the Kickstarter campaign will essentially be asking those who have pre-ordered already to send in more money, still with no product in sight.
The current number of Neo900-complete preorders is covered by secured N900. Further N900 are still available, though not easily and of course only with the needed funds that need to come from preorders, the latter being an unfortunate vicious circle. There's an option to have the mechanical parts produced to order if we can't find them as complete N900. This applies particularly to the slider mechanism and the digitizer, plastic cases should still be available in abundance though need careful evaluation of their production quality.
I repeat the kickstarter IS NOT:targeted at customers who already preordered, it's meant to find NEW customers to reach the minimum order count needed.

I appologize for any ambiguity or delay in answering any of those questions, and answering them in the way I did wasn't meant to sound arrogant or anything, It shows why I rather should stay silent since I'm obviously not capable to post anything in a way that doesn't cause irritations. I will make sure we will review further newsposts like that of sn0wmonster even more thoroughly than we already did, to avoid any such ambiguities and missing answers to unposed questions. Alas this will cause further workload from, and delay in the publishing of any newspost. Please also bear with sn0wmonster who came to the project late and had to collect all the info bits prior to his first newspost. I want to explicitly thank him for his awesome help and dedication he voluntarily brings to the project.

best regards
jOERG

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2017-07-23 at 22:32. Reason: s/let produce/have produced/ + typo

The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post: