View Single Post
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
What happens when a windows Word user (well used libreoffice writer on linux some time but quite the same) tries to mount loop .img to sdcard? This is another informing post for the community.

Ok, so I just take this script losetup loop0 etc. and it will create a virtual diks mounting point. No rights to use the .img? Whaaat? It is right there on my machine! Who says I am not aloud to use? Googlegooglegoole. Clicking right click and giving rights to read and write and draw and bake. Not working. Something to clean up on sdcard. Re format. Not helping! Googlegooglegoogle. Finding some info of how to make it accessible. So now we are getting it working! Losetup loop loop! Access denied! Whaat? No right to make loop? I’m sudoing you know? Ever heard?

Not possible to mount! What is mounting (the thing mentioned on the script)? Googlegooglegoogle. So it is connecting it to device. But it is connected! Mount. Device is busy. Umount. No such file or path. Mount. Device busy. Umount… No mount point? What point? There is no point in this whole thing!!! Mount point. Googlegooglegoogle. Ok. So there is /dev/mmcblk0p2 and then there is the /media/etc.etc. So which is the mounting point? Googlegooglegoogle. Command mount! Shows that mounting is /media/etc. But the one thread said look system preferences. I click disks and then below partitions there are these +- and gears and click gears and there you see – the mounting point of the partition is something totally different! Googlegooglegoogle. Chown -R user:user plus /dev etc. After that suddenly the command sudo losetup loop0 works!

And scares me like…! There appears a new disk mounted with 6Gb! I didn’t stick anything to my computer! Is someone else on my computer? Googlegooglegoogle. Phew, it is a virtual disk and inside there is the content of the img file. I made it! Now just the next line to mount it to the location I want. Sudo mount loop -t ext4 etc. Aaargh. Access denied to write on sdcard! Whaaat??? Whyyyy??? Googlegooglegoogle. ”In linux we do things the difficult secure way”. Really? No one has rights to do anything unless you give rights. How am I going to give rights? What rights? Googlegooglegoogle. Chmod 777. Everything goes: read, write, whatever and whoever. I just want to make this happen. Trying to mount. Noooo! Are you root? I’m so roots man no one can be! Trying mount. Wrong fs type and super blocks and whaat? Need what helper programs? Feels I need them all! Googlegooglegoogle. Installinstallinstall utils etc. Did they help? NO!!!

To be continued in the next post (got feed back of being too long)...

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post: