View Single Post
Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by littlejohn View Post
PB:
Just completed installation of KDE and it is truly breathtaking!

Some questions though:
I'd like to install wireless tools (for iwlist) and have tried using KPackage - it does ask for my root password which I believe is still at the default (rootme) and it does not accept this as valid? Starting KPackage from the root terminal the installation indicates that it fails due to unlisted dependices. Is KPackage usable?
I'd also like to install CUPS - how is this best done?

Thanks again for such a beautiful package!
littlejohn
kpackage should not have any dep problems, but you can run the maemo package manager from the taskbar shortcut. I will look into the kpackage problem, could be some missing lib? its not really recommended to use anyway, I would stick with maemo package manager.

As for CUPS its already installed, I believe it localhost:631 from a browser, or konqueror has a bookmark....
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.