View Single Post
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
My current quick update based on actually used programs:

-Flopswap -> to check and control your SWAP space fragmentation in case you have an SD card with two swap partitions. User monitoring swap space status keeps performance high!

-Skype -> N900 is the only device on which it still works without "upgrade+agree to new policies" what's Microsoft up to, allowing it on N900 without ads, link to MS account?

-Cutetube -> downloading and watching Youtube / Dailymotion etc..

-Easy Debian -> Libreoffice when you need it. Never mind slowness during start-up that can take up to a minute. Trying to control this software on a modern touch screen phone is the much more frustrating user experience.

-MStardict

-Orechiette - sound record everything interviews meetings, internet radio etc..

-Recaller - auto record phone calls, still works for me. Orechiette has this option too but did not try it yet.

-Pierogi - > to use the IR sender for controlling TV's and stereo equipment.

-QSpot -> spotify streaming music client

-Fahrplan -> for quickly and conveniently checking train schedules in Europe

-Alarmed -> personally I use this to switch 3G to 2.5G after an hour in order to save battery and change to silent profile from 10pm to 6am and back.

-FBReader -> to read ePub formatted books

-mBarcode -> to scan barcodes for quick internet lookup

-Frontview -> excellent document scanner , designating cropping area with stylus is a joy.

-Sleeper - widget that allows the stock media player to auto mute after certain time

Also installed, more as background or when needed:

Midnight commander, Tracker Cfg, Wifieye, Xournal, Leafpad, Flappy Bird, Conky, Tor Status applet, Orientation Lock status applet, Mobile data modus status applet, Brightness status applet, Modrana.

My thanks to the developpers involved in creating and maintaining this software.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post: