View Single Post
Hi all,

Having owned my n800 for only a week and having zero experience with Linux......I have been researching video converters/players and am even more perplexed now than when I started.

I use a digital camera for videos of my kids school programs and such. Currently, I just put my sd card into my desktop pc (windows xp) and it plays the video on windows media player. I believe the file says its an MVI format? Anyway, I need to figure out how to convert these so that I can put them on Canola (or another media player if it will work better).

In addition to this I would like to be able to put videos on the tablet for watching with the kids when we travel. I dont know where to find these videos or how to convert them.

Please dont tell me to do a search, I have been a searching freak........but the info is extremely confusing for me. People offer so many suggestions that I am not sure what would work best for me. While I appreciate so many suggestions, after awhile "try this!" "try this one!" "this one is better!" gets rather confusing for a complete newbie that barely knows how to install apps.

My questions are.......for what I want to use it for (vids of the kids from digital camera sd card and movies to watch) what is the best media player for videos (I have Canola and mplayer installed) and the EASIEST converter for me to use? Also, is there a specific website to find videos, movies etc?

Thanks for your time,

Shannon

The Following User Says Thank You to weeshan For This Useful Post: