View Single Post
Originally Posted by gidzzz View Post
What happens if you create a fresh birthday calendar using Qalendar instead of restoring the old one?
I opened Qalendar using it's own icon and deleted the B'day calendar. Closed it and reopened using the Calendar icon, which has the qalendar --background switch enabled. Created a new birthday calendar, and Qalendar crashed immediately Reopened Qalendar using its own icon and couldn't see any b'day entries. Went into settings-edit calendars and saw the new b'day calendar had no entries. Deleted it and tried re-creating; still no entries.

I have reviewed the code for managing birthdays, but I still have no idea what is causing the crash. In order to attemp fixing it, I am going to need at least one of theese:
  • A way to reproduce the crash. You would have to investigate on your own to pin down the entry in the address book responsible for it (assuming that one contact or a certain group of contacts is causing this; there may be other possible scenarios). Or, if you do not mind sending me your whole calendar, I could try your "/home/user/.calendar/calendardb" on my phone (but that has a chance to be useful only if Qalendar crashes exclusively on the calendar created by the stock application).
  • A backtrace. If you do not know how to get one, this post has some hints: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...2&postcount=97.
  • Output from the attached version of Qalendar started in background mode (see my previous post) and a few other versions that I am going to post after receiving the output from you.

The first option would be the best, but other may also suffice,
Unless I'm being daft, PMs don't allow files to be attached. PM me your email address and I'll send you the calendardb.

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

Last edited by TomJ; 2014-05-01 at 15:40.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TomJ For This Useful Post: