View Single Post
Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
Originally Posted by nthn View Post
But it doesn't matter how important you are. You can be made important. Likewise, it doesn't matter how important the information on your device is, it can be made important.
Listen, I totally understand the argument. If someone had access to my email or text messages, they could certainly makes some waves. And sure, If someone wanted to post as me on this forum, I wouldn't be stoked about it. Point is, my accounts can be hacked in a number of ways not having anything to do with my phone.

I was simply saying that the chances of someone taking a mold of my finger to get access to what I have on my phone is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. For some of you, maybe it is less far fetched. Maybe you are blackmail-able. Maybe you have access to money and power. Maybe your lives are on your phone.

For me, a skimmer on a credit card reader at a gas pump, or an ebay seller taking advantage, or someone breaking into my car are far more realistic concerns. In my life, if someone got access to my phone, it would be to sell it, not post something from my Twitter account.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imaginaryenemy For This Useful Post: