Thread: [SailfishOS] Pure Maps
View Single Post
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Pure Maps 1.7.0 is out with the updated translations and few enhancements.

This version introduces "follow me" mode, aka aimless driving around. It allows you to switch to the navigation mode without any route predefined and without any destination. When used with map matching provided by OSM Scout Server, speed limits and current street are displayed. To start, go to the main menu, choose Navigation, and select Follow Me, press Start. If the destination was defined in Navigation, follow me is available via pulley menu. To stop the mode, go to the same place in the main menu.

For all GPX users, there are two routers now supporting GPX. None of them supports rerouting, by design. The routers are available under Main menu/Navigation, choose "GPX" or "GPX Smart" and fill in the requested file.

Plain GPX router just reads in the route or track from GPX file and follows it. There are no navigation instructions, just the route.

GPX Smart processes your track via OSM Scout Server/Valhalla, map matches it to the route network and provides you with the navigation instructions. Note that if you have a track from the run in the forest along trails, Valhalla will probably fail to match it with the route network if you specify that you are going to use a car. So, here, the mode of transportation has to match your GPX.

GPX functionality has been mainly tested against tracks recorded by Laufhelden. GPX is parsed by https://github.com/tkrajina/gpxpy which is included in the distribution of Pure Maps.

As nobody protested over here, I consolidated all settings under Preferences. Exception is map zoom factor and I will have to find an elegant solution for that in future. Since map styles are planned to be grouped and selection simplified in future, I will probably address map zoom settings at the same time. As a result of such movement of the settings, if you wish start using voice prompts in the middle of navigation, go to Preferences, not Navigation page.

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post: