Thread: [SailfishOS] Pure Maps
View Single Post
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
From the silence over here, I conclude that all works as expected after the rewrite .

Those who had Pure Maps refusing to start due to the hanging exit, has the experimental Mapbox GL QML plugin from OBS fixed the issue?

I am considering moving most of the navigation preferences from Navigation page (the one that you see when you start navigation by pressing "Begin") to overall preferences page. This is to consolidate settings for navigation with and without destination as well as keeping settings that people don't change out of the way.

The only reason to keep settings on navigation page is to have a simple way to change them while navigating. I, personally, use

* "Voice navigation instructions" - that's mainly for development reasons, could be moved

* "Map scale" when switching from OSM Scout to HERE Traffic while driving (HERE doesn't need to be scaled). How to make it better and fix it for good, I will address later, but for now, its something that is changed.

As for other switches, I keep them always the same:

* Show navigation instructions
* Reroute automatically
* Snap position to road
* Show direction signs
* Speed limit

In my mind, we can move it all to the main preferences since I expect that the users set it once and forget about it. Any reasons for not doing so?

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post: