View Single Post
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Halftux View Post
Due to the lag of people for publishing news this is not the right place to get some.
The only place is irc chat right now.
(ITYM "lack". Lag is quite a different thing.)

I have tried really hard to stay away from the discussion as I have already resigned and waved goodbye to my contribution (no, I do not want a refund, I allowed it to get lost in one of the countless "move the money" exercises, so now not even Zarquon knows where it is). But the above statement has really stuck a needle in my posterior.

What!!!???? "This is not the right place"? Excuse me???

THIS is where the project was announced.
THIS is where all the initial discussion took place.
THIS is where most of the discussion STILL takes place, sans the people who really matter - the project team.

If there is any place more right than any to look for updates, it is HERE.
Second best is the Neo900 website.
Both are eerily devoid of any updates. The latter even still offers to put down a "down payment" in its "shop" as if the project just started yesterday and is expected to deliver tomorrow.

IRC is patently NOT a good platform for publishing updates.
In fact, it is one of the worst platforms for that kind of thing.
Anyone who cannot be ar$ed to provide proper updates in a place where most people expect them and forces you to scramble for scraps of information here and there is telling you loud and clear what kind of regard he has for you.

Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
...a crowdfunding campaign...
Oh yes, the crowdfunding. The inconspicuous transition from "we are fully committed and guarantee the delivery in the given time frame or your money back" to "nothing is guaranteed, don't ever complain". I don't know about you, but I lost the last remaining shreds of any confidence in the project the moment the word "crowdfunding" was mentioned.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post: