View Single Post
Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
GooGood to hear that you got it working. Okay let us set you up for internet radio streaming
via a2dp. Well first and foremost u have to understand that wifi and a2dp take a lot of
cycles so dont expect to run any other apps while doing this. Now save the playlist of
internet streams under yourd to hear that you got it working. Okay let us set you up for internet radio streaming via a2dp. Well first and foremost u have to understand that wifi and a2dp take a lot of cycles so dont expect to run any other apps while doing this. Now save the playlist of internet streams under your device memory. dont put it any sub catogeries like audio clips etc. just put it under the <your device name> n800.
First go to control panel and activate bluetooth
After that open kaju and click the bluetooth icon. do not play anything . minimise tHe window .
now open xteRm and put this
mplayer -cache 1000 -quiet -loop 58 -playlist /home/user/MyDocs/Radio.m3u -ao alsa:device=a2dpd2 -ac ffmp3

In the above command replace Radio with the name of your streams playlist.. press enter. AFter 5 seconds the stream should start playing.
Now let me explain the above command
mplayer - to open in xterm
-cache - we are asking to not specify the cache to 1 mb. you can aet your own value or totally ignore it.
-queit - this reducEs the irelevant information in xterm. so that it is easier to see stream information.
-loop - it is basicalY repeat function folowed by the no. of times you want to repeat the playlist . i just put 56 as a ranDom no.
-playlist /home/user/MyDocs/Radio.m3u - this specify the path along with the extension. even thogh it says my DOCs dont put that file under my documents!!!! just keep it under the mAin n800 folder.
-ao alsa:device=a2dpd2 -ac ffmp3- this is tha main part which lets the mplayer streams it via a2dp.

To toggle the next stream. Press caps in the key board And select > for the next stream..

The only problem is that you cAnt use the next button on the headset to toggle the next stream and sometimes the playback is not very smooth . in such cases try starting from THe first step again.
ho@e this helps.