Thread: [SailfishOS] [Announce] kodi for SailfishOS
View Single Post
Posts: 52 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Rome, Italy
Great work, thanks

Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
It's smooth and Estuary/Estouchy work like a charm.

I just found three issues:
  • Lists longer than two pages (both folders and dialogs) are almost impossible to navigate, as scrolling down (up) always jump to the bottom (top) of the list and the items between cannot be selected. Not sure how to fix this, but it looks like a major issue. Reproducable with mouse/touch input turned both off and on and with both default skins.
  • The screen dimms and then turns off after few minutes of playing a video. Maybe this can be fixed with some setting, but it is quite annoying.
  • The app does not report the orientation correctly, therefore the system gestures are rotated. Just a minor issue, nothing crucial.

Other than that, it's really nice, works much better than the Android version and most importantly keeps playing when minimized (even on the cover), so even if you don't manage to fix the aforementioned issues, it's still a huge step forward for SailfishOS ecosystem (and it instantly obsoletes few of my SailfishOS projects where I tried to implement some useful Kodi addons in Qt/QML ).
I can confirm the list of bugs. As a side-note, you can scroll lists by dragging the slider list on the right; it's awkard on smaller screens, but it somehow works.

The Following User Says Thank You to fravaccaro For This Useful Post: