View Single Post
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
[a separate post so you don't miss it]

Besides, I guess it should be possible to get mapnik on Sailfish. There's boost 1.51 (we need 1.47 for mapnik 2.2, the same for 3.0.10) available in the emulator, mapnik used a couple of other libraries, but they could be gotten from some desktop distro. As far as I recall, the main problem porting was a) getting some recent libboost b) coping with scons [I had to use a local copy]

I have no Sailfish device so I won't maintain the Sailfish port of mapnik, but if you find someone to port it to Sailfish (this shouldn't be so hard since Sailfish seems to gather most development nowadays) you'll have the right toolkit for offline maps on Fremantle & Sailfish.

As for the Fremantle port: although I'll have to drop my N900 as my daily driver, I may maintain the port for some time. I'd prefer to stay on 2.2, but if you need some great & cool feature from the more recent version, I may find a while to upgrade to upstream.

/edit: a quick look and I see that mapnik 3.0.10 on Fremantle may be feasible but not easy. So we'd better stay on 2.2 unless we have a good reason.

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Last edited by marmistrz; 2016-07-27 at 13:09.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post: