View Single Post
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
Originally Posted by mikelima View Post

Race to the bottom is, in general good for phones. Low end phones of today are quite capable, and given that they tend to break, get lost or stolen and require a replacement every two three years, I cannot understand spending 500eur+ for one.
low end, high end, it really doesn't matter, you don't get much support for either of them simply because mantra is that they are all to cheap and if you are not happy/something doesn't work, there will be new model out soon that will be even cheaper and more capable so you'll easily forget about this one. The fact that the next one will also be messed up somehow is ignored.
SONY TVs from 2014 have nasty bug that if you media player crashes the only way to restore it is to reset the TV to factory settings and then start all over from scratch. Clearly a software issue. And they are on the market for a year now. And there were a few SW updates but that issue is still present. And 2015 models are about to come out and this will never be resolved. And that's what I'm talking about. So if I ditch this one and get the new one, what will be wrong with that one that will never be resolved and I will wait for 2016 models to come out in hope that it will be fixed just to find out that something else is broken.
LG came up with WebOS TVs in 2014, now they have models with WebOS 2.0 for 2015. But none of the 2014 model will be upgraded, not those for 500€ neither those for 2500€.
So, no, race to the bottom didn't bring anything good in a long run. At first, it seems that we do get better and cheaper products but in a long run we just produce worthless junk that generates incredible amounts of electronic waste.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post: