View Single Post
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by nicola_botta View Post
1) there was an upgrade of 'easy-deb-chroot' yesterday or the day before. Since then 'Debian chroot' crashes.
There were TWO updates. Please make sure (in Application Manager, under "show installed applications") that you have easy-deb-chroot version 0.9.12, because 0.9.11 has a bug. If you have 0.9.11, please upgrade and your problem will be fixed.

I can see error messages in the xterm started by 'Debian chroot' before it crashes.
'sudo chroot /debian' worked perfectly until the new upgrade.
That's really not the way to do it. You should use "sudo debian" to get root access to the chroot; "debbie" or "sudo debian hilda" will run applications as "user". You can run a Debian app (eg. oowriter) by typing, "debbie oowriter".

If you have version 0.9.12, and Easy Debian is still crashing, please post the errors when you reboot and then type "sudo debian".

2) I have (had) purged most of the heavyweight Debian GNU/Linux applications and installed a few new. Is there a way to remove the entries of the purged applications from the maemo application launcher ?
You delete the correct .desktop files from /usr/share/applications/hildon as root, they are sanely named and should be easy to find.