View Single Post
Originally Posted by ericdkirk View Post
craves1
Have you had any luck with this process you have been playing with, I and I'm sure others are waiting for you to release your information.
I am all about more storage on my 770, if they could just fix the audio on the 08HE
ericdkrik

I am finished with this part of the project. I did not think many 770 user were interested in this project, judging from the posts.

Any way

I have been using my 770 all week with a memory converter based on the Sandisk 8GB Micro SDHC. I am satisfied that it works. I have not had any problems that were not already there before since I started using OS2007HE. I am still waiting on another N770 so I can completely test it with OS2006 but so far it worked with one 770 that I have without the screen working properly (No vertical scanning). It connects to a computer without any problems and shows the 8 GB card and I can read and write to it. I should have another on this week.

The read and write speed is the same as a 2 GB Kingston RSMMC 1 GB writes 2 minutes faster on the Kingston.

I have 7.3GB of music on it and many other files and so far I have not had any problems at all. I have not tested Movies at all.

If I think enough people are interested I will make some 8GB memory cards available next week based on the Sandisk 8GB MicroSDHC. This memory can only be used in the N770. It will fit in some readers but you can not attach the Full size SD adapter to it. There are some readers that allow for the RSMMC card without the full size attachment. Support for SDHC must be flashed to the N770 to use this memory conversion.

Shortly I will also make available the converter kit for those who want to make their own memory.
The memory products for the 770 will be available at www.remotefactory.com under the link hobbyist corner soon.

If anyone is interested they can post here or send a short email to chester@optonline.net this will help me to determined how much to make available.

Question: Are 4GB RSMMC cards easy to find?

craves1