Thread: Life Span
View Single Post
Posts: 123 | Thanked: 268 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
My only N900 which I bought 9th of December 2009 broke yesterday. "All telephony functions disabled". Thought that the sim-card was just loose and tried few tricks to get it pressed against the contacts, but nothing helped and I am now forced to change my daily private phone to something else. Sim card is temporarily located in my spare Jolla, but plan to install Sailfish on some Sony phone (Xperia X or Xperia 10. I have both of these, just not using them). One option would be to switch to N9 which I acquired some time ago (battered, but working), but I think I just store it. I had N9 when they were available as my work phone, but that was a leased device which I let go off after the lease time was up.

I was always putting away the phone change, but now have to bite he bullet. Luckily N900 works otherwise just fine and I'm able to export all data out of it.

I might take a second look into the N900 just to see if I can get it into working order, but that's at the bottom of the to-do list.

I will likely go with Xperia X as installing Sailfish into it is simpler, and try shoehorning Xperia 10 into working order later.

Too bad, I always wanted to retire N900 in fully working order, but I guess one can not get everything.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tsippaduida For This Useful Post: