View Single Post
Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
Thanks, I stand corrected.

I do find those benchmarks indicative for the actual problem: the A53-cores. The Kraken benchmark runs about 3 times slower on the 630 than on the 650, indicating that web browsing is severely hampered by these cores. And given that browsers still aren't all that multithreaded, more cores won't help.

I ran Kraken on my JP1. Obviously I don't have Chrome, so direct comparison to the numbers you provided is not really possible. (Although, on my desktop, Chromium and Firefox are 1053ms and 908ms, so not that far apart)

Firefox 60.0.2 (Via AlienDalvik): 14553ms
SFOS Browser 2.2.0.29: 12464ms (a bit faster, I didn't expect that)

Could someone with a Xpera X or XA2 run these benchmarks on Firefox as well? Then that might be a better comparison.

[edit] Yeah I get it, the XA2/630 while not much faster, is much more efficient. And overall the XA2 will be a big step up coming from the JP1. Even physically, I've had one in my hands, it is a nice device. But speed, apart from games and some edge cases, isn't part of the upgrade.

Last edited by Fuzzillogic; 2018-06-17 at 21:57.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzillogic For This Useful Post: