View Single Post
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
I don't see why one is required.
I generally dislike "apps" and the mentality that there should always be an "app" for any given task.
well - since mobile phones mostly use apps this is actually quite a requirement.
Its not meant for any given task anyway - since the question is : how to stay in touch (easily) through a video chat app/programm/whatever while being far apart.
So as not necessaraly both will always be near a pc when we call each other the solution should be mobile.

I thought that was quite clear with the way i asked - sorry if it was misunderstandable.

@robthebold
thanks - I didn't have google on my map since they shut down their xmpp solution. Better to know more possibilities than less.

Tango - never heard of it before. Bad name anyway since you got a lot of wrong hits when searching for it. Would be an ok solution (also I did not yet find out if they differ from viber - means: they suck in your adress book) since we have to possibility for a pc with win to (although we use ubuntu linux as favourite)

@eztran - thanks. I tried firefox hello already (unsucessfull with my brother) - but I'll give it another try. Also I am not quite sure if maybe some websites are blocked in china. But worth a try anyway.

So the list so far is (non ordered):
- Firefox Hello
- appear.in
- Tango

Any other idea or suggestion is welcome. The more the merrier.

The Following User Says Thank You to kaktux For This Useful Post: