View Single Post
Hi have not posted for a while as was having a frustrating time with my Tab and the battery which made it virtually unusable without it being permanently plugged in. After a few minutes of use I would get a low battery warning and a few seconds later it would be dead.

Returning the Tab for warranty repairs was not an option as now live thousands of miles from the UK. Searched and searched for a solution online and the only one I could find was to open the Tab and take out the battery for 30 minutes. I read the instructions on how to do this and decided this was not a task I was up for. Took it to a couple of repair shops to ask them to open it up. The second place quoted a stupidly high price considering they were not guaranteeing it would fix the problem and were not the ones that came up with the solution.

Well after a couple more months of frustration at not being able to use my expensive device I decided to return to Google. Well I found a couple of posts where people said they installed the Overcomes Gingerbread Rom and that fixed the problem. Sounded like a much better solution than opening up the Tab so decided to give it a try.

Well after a week I can report that the battery issue has not occurred since and I have had no other issues with the device. Well done to the Overcomers team for giving me my Tab back.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to etuoyo For This Useful Post: